On Behalf Of The City & County Of Denver
Inspection: Wednesday, May 3rd - 9:00 AM
Description: Please be advised that some of these vehicles will not be present on the day of sale, as owners/lienholders will have reclaimed the vehicles. All vehicles must be paid in full, removed on the date of the auction. Hope to see you there!
Please remember this is a CASH ONLY sale. Purchasers will be required to pay for your winning bids immediately in full, in cash. The purchaser MAY NOT LEAVE to obtain funds. If you do not have the cash WITH YOU, please do not bid.
All parties must be 18 years of age to attend or to bid at this event.
ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK TO LOT. Neither Dickensheet & Associates, Inc. nor the City & County of Denver is responsible for personal injury or lost items on the lot.
Every other Wednesday, the City & County of Denver sells abandoned and confiscated vehicles at the Sheriff's impound yard. The City & County of Denver will often sell City owned surplus vehicles as well. The auction averages 125 vehicles per sale including cars, trucks, SUV's, motorcycles, motorhomes and trailers. Vehicles range in condition for "ready for recycling" to "ready for the showroom".
· This is a Cash only Sale! The City will accept cash or certified funds (a verifiable cashier’s check made payable to Dickensheet and Associates Inc and pre-approved by the Auction contractor at least 24 hours prior to the sale date) due immediately as each vehicle is sold. Personal checks will only be accepted with an irrevocable letter of credit from your bank guaranteeing funds, which has been pre-approved at least 24 hours prior to sale date. No credit cards will be accepted at this sale. You will not have time to retrieve funds the day of the sale, please be prepared to pay for your purchase immediately.
· A $100.00 cash deposit is required of each registered bidder. This cash deposit is a “good faith” refundable deposit assuring the City that you will pay for all of the vehicles that you purchased in the bid process. Though payment in full is due at the end of the sale, you may be ordered to pay for your purchase or purchases at any time in the course of the sale by either the Auction personnel or the City representative. All City owned vehicles must be paid for immediately after you are declared the winning bidder. If you fail to pay for the vehicle or vehicles you purchased in the bid process, that is a breach of contract and you will forfeit your $100.00 cash deposit. Hold on to your bid number. If you do not buy a vehicle and you wish to leave, you must turn in your bid number to the Auctioneer’s clerk in order to collect your cash deposit. When you turn in your bid number, the clerk will request your ID and it must be the same ID as the person who registered.
· Pay attention to which vehicle is being sold! If you don’t know what you’re bidding on, don’t bid!
· All abandoned/confiscated vehicles are sold as “tow aways” and without an emission test or a 45 day permit. If you buy an abandoned/confiscated vehicle you are responsible for having the vehicle emission tested. A document regarding emissions is attached to the paperwork of each abandoned/confiscated vehicle that you buy. Be advised that Denver Motor Vehicle will NOT issue a temporary permit for vehicles sold as “tow aways”. An emission inspection coupon will be provided for City owned surplus vehicles unless announced otherwise.
· To our knowledge the State of Colorado will require two forms of secure and verifiable identification from any buyer who wishes to obtain a Colorado title for a motor vehicle. This means that any individual named as “Buyer” on the Bill of Sale that we issue at the Auction must provide acceptable ID’s to the Dept of Motor Vehicle in their county unless otherwise announced.
· City issues a Bill of Sale and three supporting documents for the sale of abandoned/confiscated vehicles. You must apply for title in your county of residence.
· Title is not guaranteed on any abandoned/confiscated vehicle sold. Acquisition of title is between the Buyer and the State of Colorado.
· Please be aware that all vehicles are towed into the Car Pound and very few come equipped with keys. Keys found within any abandoned/confiscated vehicle are not guaranteed to fit the ignition and/or the trunk or door of the vehicle from which they were pulled. The Auctioneer will announce at the time of the sale if a set of keys has been found in a vehicle.
· If an ignition key is found, an attempt to start the vehicle will be made. If the vehicle starts, the Auctioneer will announce this prior to selling the vehicle and will write “starts” on windshield. This is for informational purposes only and is not a guarantee that the vehicle will start or that the vehicle will move.
· Some vehicles are marked “Rebuilt from Salvage” or “Salvage” on the Bill of Sale. The Auctioneer will announce whether a vehicle has been designated as previous salvage or salvage prior to selling the vehicle.
· Some are sold as “Junk” or “For Parts Only”. No Colorado Title or salvage receipt/title will be issued for these vehicles, they must be junked or dismantled only. Sales tax will be charged unless purchase is otherwise exempt.
· Removal is by 3:00pm from the inside of the lot and 5:00pm from off the street outside of the lot on the day of the sale NO EXCEPTIONS! Any vehicles left in the Auction yard or unattended along adjacent streets will be towed and impounded and all related charges will be assessed to the vehicle.
· All items found within the vehicle are the property of the Buyer. You must take all the contents of the vehicle you’ve purchased with you.
· Duplicates for lost paperwork for abandoned/confiscated vehicles are available at the cost of $10.00. Duplicate titles for City owned vehicles will be provided at a cost of $50.00.